General Membership Meeting of the Vernon Placer Miners Club
Met Oct.4, 2022 at the Hall at 1204 30th Ave, Vernon BC. President Gerry Morrison opened the meeting at 7:00 PM. Note-taker was Cal Olsson. 12 members attended the meeting. The minutes of the last meeting were read. Mary Ericson moved, the minutes of the last meeting be accepted as read. Seconded by Jason. Voted on and passed.
Thanks to the church Elders of Peace Lutheran for the show of good faith, letting us meet here again! You know what good faith is? Good faith is faith in your fellow man/woman and the goodness of the Higher Power.
- Old Business Arising out of Last Meeting’s Minutes:
- Gerry Morrison reminded us that there is a $1,000.00 minimum fee for our type of club insurance.
- Donna Smith.
None this month
- Membership Report by Donna Smith.
- 5 families are currently paid up members in good standing.
- 14 Life timers in good standing
- 1 Honorary member in good standing.
- There is a common dues due date of October first. Dues are $20.00 per year per family, Oct. to Oct.
Treasurer’s Report by Donna Smith
Income………. $______________ Expenses………..$__________ Balance…$_____________, Rick moved adopt as read. Seconded by Dave Baily; adopted by a show of hands.
- BC Open Report by President
Concentrating on having one next spring in 2023.
- New Business
President Morrison suggested instead of the usual business format we have a discussion instead of the upcoming things we need to deal with to get moving again as per our mission statement.
- In order to get moving on achieving the clubs mission statement (**see attached at end**) we need to increase our groups membership. For example we’ll have to scale back 2023 BC Open if we don’t have interested members available and willing to volunteer.
The resulting members were elected
Vice President………………. Attila Vasarhelyi
Secretary…………………….. Cal Olsson
Treasurer…………………….. Donna Smith
VP Membership…………….. Donna smith
Phone Committee Chairperson… Jerry Stainer
Political Liaison & Information Committee Representative… Rick Peterson
BC Open Gold Championships Chairperson…… To be announced.
Volunteer Appointments by President Gerry Morrison were for Refreshments and Correspondence: Donna Smith
Social Convener’s Report by Donna Smith:
Best Wishes for a happy birthday for Oct 2022 go out to:
Rick Petersen won the first gold nugget and Attila Vasarhelyi won the second gold nugget draw
The meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM.
Political Liaison and Information Committee. Report by Rick Peterson
It is pretty quiet currently so it’s hard to know what the politicos and their bureaucratic minions are planning to impose on us , haven’t heard from the CMA president who is also the BCPMA president; so no news whether there will be a general meeting of the BCPMA this year. Any VPMA Assoc. members are welcome if there is one. Get in touch with Rick at 250-681-0908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, clarifications, comments etc.
Vernon Placer Miners Assoc.…Mission Statement
- Promote placer mining and prospecting
- Use best practices available for placer prospecting and mining.
- Respect nature; prospecting and mining in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Support and encourage all those seeking a partial or complete living through placer prospecting and mining activity.
- Promoting recreational placer prospecting and mining with good fellow ship.